Mankind has built various constructions since the immemorial times. The constructions have many different functions: social, spiritual, daily or aesthetic. Nowadays engineering has many great inventions and technologies that help to make the process of the building easier. Anyway, there is a great heritage of ancient buildings that tell us about prehistorical times: how people understood the construction, what kind of methods and tools they had used, how the materials have changed since then, what was the main purpose of each structure and other specific details that show the progress of the structural engineering. These two sides – modern buildings and ancient ones perfectly correlate in the same area.
Scientists and researchers who investigate ancient constructions have a possibility to enrich the history of architecture. There are several methods for this and each needs a specific description. However, it is also very important how the constructions could be built in ancient times and how it has advanced over time.
The aim of this project is to describe the engineering technology in four continents (America (South and North as one), Africa, Asia, Europe) as each has its specific of the vestigial constructions. For this reason, I have chosen a few examples of each region that show the main principles of the used technology, tools and the overall perception of the structures.
- 1. The oldest structures in North and South America4
- 1. 1. Taos Pueblo, USA4
- 1. 2. Caral Pyramid, Peru5
- 2. The oldest structures in Africa6
- 2. 1. Mosque of Uqba, Tunisia6
- 2. 2. Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt7
- 3. The oldest structures in Azia8
- 3. 1. Taj Mahal, India8
- 3. 2. The Nanchan Temple, China10
- 4. The oldest structures in Europe11
- 4. 1. Megalithic Temples, Malta11
- 4. 2. The oldest house in United Kingdom12
- 4. 3. The Roman achievements in constructing13
- Lap 19, 2017
- 2015 m.
- 13 psl.
Ne tai, ko ieškai?
Išbandyk mūsų paiešką tarp daugiau nei 16600 rašto darbų